Work has been a little slow lately...a little anxiety provoking as we are a still a startup company and are just beginning to grow our client pool. We went from being so swamped about 3 weeks ago that we hired 2 more people, to just a trickle of cases each day. Luckily we each have special projects to work on in the down time, but we still would rather be running cases.
I have tried to think about the reasons why our business has taken such a sharp downfall lately. It really has been just in the past 2-3 weeks that our clients have not been sending in many cases; therefore this means they are not doing a lot of hiring. I though maybe the big push we saw in end of spring was when companies were hiring for the summer, but now that summer is here those jobs are filled? Does anyone else who is in a corporate situation notice anything that would validate that assumption? Since our business is directly correlated to the job market and, therefore, the economy, we were please with the increase in May. Now we don't know what to think of this quietness.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hmm... I hope things begin to pick up. I guess that means more enthusiasm will go into the special projects. The job market is depressing everyday. So are the disputes in Tehran- but that's for a different blog, right? I read this post of yours first, maybe that's the non-conformist in me, and now I want to know more about what kinds of things you're into- and so I will read!
ReplyDeleteTem