Thursday, November 19, 2009

11/19 internship update

So I was able to finally fix that permission problem I was having, and have made quite a bit of progress this week. Aside from a few cosmetic changes to the application, I have spent the majority of the week working on a new system of inputting product sales data into the simulator. This option will allow for the user to decide before hand exactly how many of each product they think they will sell per month or per quarter (this is useful in fields where your products are very seasonal, like building houses). The old option to have growth based on a monthly or yearly growth percent still exists, but the more options the user has, the bigger the demand for the product. It has involved some of the most intense logic I have had to do thus far (because I'm doing it without my supervisors help) and I am really quite pleased with how it is turning out. I expect to finish with this section in the beginning of the next week (not including the week we have off).

No comments:

Post a Comment