Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Operation Smile - A brief introduction about my organization!

Hi all,

Yay! Summer is great so far coz I'm in my hometown - Vietnam. I choose Operation Smile as my first internship since I've been working for O.S. for 4 years as a non-medical volunteer.

Operation Smile is an international non-for-profit organization providing reconstructive surgeries and related medical care to indigent children and adults who have cleft lip, cleft palates and other facial deformities. Operation Smile head quarter is Norfolk, VA. Every single month, Operation Smile operates thousands of surgical missions in many cities and nations all over the world where cleft lip and cleft palate patients are waiting for help. Besides these missions, the organization also regularly hold various training courses to enhance local doctors and nurses to enable them to provide safe treatments.

This summer, I'm working for O.S Asia Pacific as a business development coordinator. My first project is working on the Newsletter for O.S. as a part of the summer fundraising program.

Duc

2 comments:

  1. Your internship sounds very rewarding. I've noticed that a lot of the summer interns contributing to this blog are writing and researching in some sort of way. It must be nice to be doing something you enjoy and spend time in your hometown as well. Jealous!

    Tem

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's cool you can not only work, but work toward such as good cause. I'm sure motivation isn't as big of a deal at your place of business.

    ReplyDelete