Monday, October 12, 2009
Update for third and fourth week at OMI
The last 2 weeks have been very busy and effective for me. They have me play with the new software and figure out all the acronym that we are gonna use for each category of inventory. There were so much stuff to test. So from playing with the brand new software, I'm actually testing it now. One of the major problem that we ran was how to upload an excel spreadsheet that contains all inventories into the software database. Oh men you can't imagine how difficult the software made it. I had to call the technical support that they told me that yes, it is not easy as it seems like just uploading the excel spreadsheet. There were no information about how to upload a spreadsheet in the guideline. First they would try to get you buy their training class to use the software, which cost $2500 an hour, which we are never gonna do. That's why I'm testing all the stuff by myself to avoid paying for that class. However, finally, I got the technical people to help me upload the excel. The trick is that all the header of the first row in your spreadsheet has to match exactly with the wording of their sample, otherwise it won't recognize it. I spent almost 8 hours just to work on uploading that excel because the people that sells this software just want to talk you into buying their class. It was a lot of frustration! But we got it going now for the excel part, and there are still a lot more things to test to run this properly!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment